on Aug 15, 2012
The Big 33. Hopefully, like most 33 year olds “I haven’t figured shit out yet” but I asked myself what would be my top 33 life lessons? This is my diagnostics of my 33 years on this earth so far. And, here they are in no specific order of importance.
1. Its ok to wait.
2. It’s ok to have a “people I’d like to punch in the face” list.
3. We are often scared for no reason.
4. Facebook isn’t reality.
5. Hype is cancerous.
6. Hugs are powerful.
7. Relationships matter.
8. Happiness is not for sale at any store. Not even in Vegas.
9. Health is more important than most of us treat it.
10. Your job is not your mission.
11. Chocolate covered almonds are 50% healthy.
12. Everybody worships something.
13. Jealousy and Envy are wasted emotions.
14. I am not the center of the Universe.
15. People who follow you don’t always have your back.
16. Mentors don’t “sell themselves”.
17. Adding value to other people is the only way to get their “buy in”.
18. Honesty is profoundly important.
19. “Family” is real wealth.
20. Love can be as seasonal as “Calgary weather”. Prepare to be surprised.
21. Being “contacted” is perverted, being “impacted” is enlightening.
22. I don’t need everyone to like me - because I don’t like everyone.
23. Awareness is the most valuable and precious freedom.
24. Living in the moment is a blessed skill.
25. You can’t shotgun a beer can from both ends and not spill.
26. Doubt kills.
27. Pain is useful. Suffering is useless.
28. There’s only one status cymbal, and it’s only impressive when you hit it with a stick.
29. Openness is just as important as honesty.
30. Running the Memorial Drive stairs 10x can adjust a “bad attitude”
31. Getting up early is productive.
32. Change is good, mentally, emotionally, physically and hygienically.
33. I’m still trying to figure shit out.
In no way am I trying to impose any of these as definitive social memes, or guidelines to live by. In fact a lot of these don’t even work for me half the time haha. But nonetheless, I’m always growing =)
Live Inspired, Live Authentic Peeps